The Society of Presidential Descendants housed at Long Island University is sponsoring a biennial book award contest for books on Presidential leadership. Books on any aspect of the Presidency, but not biographies, are eligible. Of primary concern will be literary excellence and preeminent scholarship. The first award winner will receive $10,000, and the two honorable mention winners will each receive $2,500. The awards will be presented at a dinner in New York City on Saturday, October 23, 2021.
RULES AND GUIDELINES:
- Nomination forms must be received by July 1, 2021 by a printable nomination form or an online form. Mailed nomination forms must be accompanied by two books for each nomination. Online forms should be submitted with a digital copy of the book, but two books should also be mailed to Dr. Christopher Adams at the following address Long Island University, Winnick House 103 A, 720 Northern Boulevard, Brookville, NY 11548
- Longlist finalists will be announced on August 1, 2021
- Publishers deliver a copy of each book to each of the four Judges by August 15, 2021.
- A shortlist of three will be announced on September 15, 2021.
- Winning authors must attend a dinner in New York City on October 23, 2021 during which the winner and the two honorable mentions will be announced. Travel and expenses for the authors and one guest each will be reimbursed.